I spent the day in Niagara yesterday with a few of my close friends to celebrate a birthday, so today was about getting back on track with my eating and my workout. Unfortunately I had to miss my workout yesterday due to timing, but even though today was a holiday, I was able to get some gym time in. I was able to focus my meals around my low carb goal too, so that really helped.
I had sufficient energy in the gym tonight despite it being a late night last night and a low carb day today. I didn’t feel run down or anything (although, right now is a different story). I’m still hoping to get another 50 g of whey in before bed, so I’ve written it down in my log, but I actually haven’t had it yet. I’m using this to hold me accountable to it!
Tomorrow should be a killer high carb day for a killer squat session. Get ready, kids.
What I Ate
- 2 boiled eggs, 2 strips turkey bacon, 2 whole grain pancakes
- Protein shake (50 g whey)
- Chicken skewers, cous cous
- Pre-workout shake (50 g whey)
- Post-workout shake (50 g whey)
- Pre-bedtime protein shake (50 g whey)
- 5g fish oil, multi-vitamin, ZMA